Pinoy Fry Salmon Belly
- 1 kilo salmon belly (strips)
- Best quality patis (fish sauce)
- 1 lemon
- Cooking oil for frying
- Marinate belly in lemon, pepper and cover with patis for 20-30 minutes (20 if you want it less salty)
- Deep fry a few pieces at a time
- Make sure you do not overcrowd (a technique to really crisp and crunch the fried fish)
- Fry until golden brown
- Drain in paper towels and serve hot!
This is always a winner. As a side dish for Filipino meals or to be eaten alone. Sort of like a fish chicharon. Serve with your choice of vinegar. I like it with Sukang Iloko and a freshly sliced labuyo (finger chili). Have fun with this one, guys!
View the full video here.