XO Fried Rice Recipe
- 2-3 cups (day old), cooked rice
- 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 whole (small) ginger, grated
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced into small rounds
- 2-3 tsps. XO sauce (I usually use Din Tai Fung’s, but any brand is okay)
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt to season
- Heat oil and sautè ginger until fragrant
- Add green onion and sautè as well
- Add XO sauce
- Add rice
- Add beaten egg
- Season with salt
- Toss everything well to make sure ingredients are mixed evenly
*Add XO as needed, for more intense flavour.
*Use a non-stick pan.
*Be quick in tossing everything together so the egg does not dry up.
*It is best to use one day old rice and not rice that is fresh off the rice cooker to ensure a fluffy consistency.
To watch the full video, click here.